Enjoying a great cup of coffee is the best way to start your day. But it turns out your favorite drink is even better than you thought, because the benefits keep coming after you’re done with it — as long as you save the coffee grounds. Check out how coffee can improve your life long after you’ve had your morning cup.
Clean Your House
The abrasive property of coffee grounds makes them great for scrubbing parts of your home until they’re sparkling clean. Coffee can get the following jobs done:
- Remove stubborn stains from around the house — including on countertops and pans — by mixing coffee grounds with soapy water and scrubbing.
- Smooth out scratches in furniture by mixing 1 tbsp. of coffee grounds with 1 tsp. of olive oil and rubbing it on any scratch with a cotton swab.
- Unclog sinks and bathtubs by pouring coffee grounds down the drain, followed by soap and boiling water.
- Remove odors from your refrigerator by placing a box or cup of coffee grounds in it to absorb smells.
Improve Your Property
The interior of your house isn’t the only place that can benefit from the use of coffee grounds. You can also fix up the exterior of your home with these tips:
- If your walkway is slippery from ice, you can “salt” it by sprinkling coffee grounds on the surface.
- Another way coffee takes the place of salt is by keeping the slugs away, as you can sprinkle it around your garden to banish these bugs.
- Add one part old coffee grounds and one part grass clippings to your compost pile, as the nitrogen in coffee will improve it.
- Brighten up your flowers by adding coffee grounds to the soil, since changing the pH level this way will make certain flowers — like hydrangeas — achieve a more vibrant color.
Sure, having a great cup of coffee seems like enough indulging for the day, but it turns out you’re not done yet. You can use those leftover coffee grounds to pamper yourself even more in the following ways:
- Put them on your hair in the shower — or add them to your shampoo — to eliminate buildup and oils.
- Exfoliate your skin when you mix coffee grounds with a couple drops of olive oil and your favorite essential oil, and then apply the mixture to your face.
- Fix up puffy eyes and dark circles by making a paste with coffee grounds and water and leaving it under your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Smooth out cellulite-ridden skin by mixing ½ cup of coffee grounds with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and leaving it on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing.
Get your FREE 2-Cup Trial here:
Use Code: WELOVESUDDEN
Follow us on social media!